Sinister: Couple of gigs (one B&S related)

mickcooke at xxx.com mickcooke at xxx.com
Wed Aug 11 14:11:09 BST 1999

Hi there,

Just to let you know of a couple of post-eclipse entertainments in the Glasgow area, which should be pretty good I reckon:

El Hombre Trajeado + Múm
Friday 13th August
13th Note Cafe
King Street
Glasgow
Doors 9pm
Múm on about 9.45pm
3 pounds entry

Múm are Kristin and Gyda (who posts to the list as Giita) - Icelandic twins who I met at Bowlie - and a couple of other people also from Reykjavik. Their music is really good; electronic- lots of bleeps and beats- with occasional ethereal vocals. They also use cello and violin sometimes. They have played a few gigs in swimming pools, using 'underwaterspeaker'. I've not seen them live before, but am looking forward to it.
El Hombre are good too, a kind of more melodic Fugazi, who use keyboards and samples.

V>Twin and DJ's
Wednesday 18th August
Glasgow School of Art
Renfrew Street
Glasgow
9pm- 1am
(might be free, Chris wasn't sure- I'll let you know nearer the time)

Those of you who went to Bowlie will know V>Twin, as will a few of you who didn't. Chris Geddes plays keyboards with them, they like soul, electronic music, Pharaoh Sanders, and Primal Scream. And they sound pretty good.

Cheers,

Mick Cooke