Sinister: this.. that... something else.. one more thing.. no, not that..

* * valium_pill at xxx.com
Wed Aug 11 20:52:12 BST 1999

hello dears!!

ive been trying to spare you guys from my boring posts, but...  im kinda
bored right now.. and i have had this one in my "filing cabinet" for quite
some time now.. so i thought i would paste it in and send it...  its kinda
old tho.. sorry..

honey kinda exclaimed
	"Gaaaa what!  Why do I keep hearing rumours that people get banned from the
list!  In all it's time, I've only had to ban two people, and I don't think
anyone would have disagreed in those instances! Anyway please don't go and
please have NICE dreams about me, I'm nice really :)"

never said you werent nice.. but..  i do.  i have actual nite mares where i
wake up in the middle of the night tossing and turning about you asking me
(very politely, but asking just the same) for me to leave the list.  so..
there. :)

the darling Steve C. mentioned that the beginning of expectations sounds
like if your feeling sinister, and i totally agree..  just thought i would
mention that.

Kah questioned
	"1. what is "Le Pastie" of "Le Pastie de la Bourgoisie" ??? i asked some of
my french friends, and they don't have the slightest clue."

back in the school year.. i asked my teacher and she said that it is a drink
for the upper class of france

yesterday i was going thru boxes of papers.. and i found a piece i had torn
out of the rolling stone from the 1998 top something or another (50?) most
influential essential bands or something like that.. and..  on this page was
the number 31 band.. which just happens to be B&S.  and.. i find this
strange because i wasnt into them when this took place, and there isnt
anyone else on the page that i ever liked.. but there is a cute picture of
dear Mr. Murdoch....  and the following passage.. which i bet y'all have
already seen, and im pretty sure you know all the information but i feel
like contributing...  so, im gonna type it.. and then you can bask in the
memories if you want, or just scroll over it.. if you havent already gone
onto the next post...

"Belle and Sebastian are indie rock's most notorious shrinking violets.
They refuse to be photographed, shun performers and rarely perform in
public.    Even becoming a band was somewhat of an accident for the Scottish
collective.  Each year, Alan Rankine, a one time member of the '80s popsters
  the Associates, shows his music business class at Glasgow's Stowe College
how to produce and market a record.  In 1996, the class picked a demo tape
by shy singer/guitarist Stuart Murdoch, impressed both by his meticulously
arranged, slyly funny pop tunes, and his ethereal, Nick Drake-like voice.
"The strength of his songs just pissed on everything from such a great
height!" raves Rankine.   A surprised Murdoch cobbled some musician friends
together and recorded the acclaimed Tigermilk EP.  "We thought it was ok"
says drummer Richard Colburn.  "Then record companies and fans started
calling and we thought, My God, what have we done?"  They signed with the
Enclave label, which folded soon after the release of the excellent If Your
Feeling Sinister.  A new record will be released by Matador this summer, but
the band is still devising ways to confound the public.  "I'm going to
suggest something daft like touring the world's Holiday Inns," says
Rainkine, still a band confidant "that ought to keep them occupied"

okees.. i'll leave you alone now
xoxoxoxox
Jes  (who...  is about an hour north of Princeton, but her dad wont let her
out of the house)