Sinister: Glasgow

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 12 07:12:19 BST 1999

Don't mean to post twice in such quick succession, but I heard a nasty rumor
and I hope someone out there can dispell it for me.  My friend and I are
going to the UK for two weeks next spring and we're plotting out places to
see (we'll be frequenting the youth hostels obviously).  I consulted a friend
who's from London and he warned us not to step foot inside Glasgow, as being
Yanks we'll be sure to get roughed up and glassed.  He said every American
friend he knows has had this happen to them.  Please tell me this is not true
because I really, really want to see Glasgow but not if I have to wear some
shards of Guiness in my head for the rest of my life.  Anyway, I pray that
some Glasgow listee can assure me these scurrilous whispers are false...

Steve C.