Sinister: J'en Ai Marre

b j pinefox at xxx.com
Thu Aug 12 13:19:08 BST 1999

Paul McCartney once said that you can't reheat a soufflé. He should know. He
used to be married to a noted cook.

Nonetheless, I'm about to 'reheat' (repeat) the following 'soufflé'
(reflections). Apology to anyone who's 'eaten' (heard) them already.

This 'Marr For Oasis' rumour.

1. It's not true, right?
2. But if it is, will he retrieve his guitars from Gallagher? I mean, he'll
have to have *something* to play. It's always annoyed me that he gave him
the ones - or was it only one? - on which he wrote 'How Soon Is Now' and
'Panic'.
3. He ought to improve Oasis. But if he comes in wearing his Electronic hat,
he'll actually manage to make them worse.
4. Does this leave a new niche for all the New Johnny Marrs out there? If
so, it's time for them to seize the opportunity and start to spend a period
of several years not making records, not coming up with original ideas, not
playing guitar much (but playing some average bass), and denying claims that
they're imminently returning to work with their old sparring partners. Could
be exciting times in prospect for thousands of us.