Sinister: oh, I can't think of anything witty for this bit...

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 12 16:27:54 BST 1999

Well, the hangover sustained from the London picnic has finally abated,
so can I quickly say ~cheers~ to whoever nicked my sandwich while I was
crying about thunderstorms in the pub, thus meaning I drank enough
alcohol to put Paula Cullen to shame with merely one bite of a
mozzarella and tomato baguette and two strawberries to soak it all up.
Hopefully this will explain away my appalling behaviour.  I have no idea
if my behaviour was appalling or not, but Mark knows what colour of
pants I was wearing so it must have been bad...he also knows about
SteadyMike's pants so at least someone has more to worry about than me.
Hello to everyone I met, both again and for the first time.  And I'm
sorry.

Oh, and an even bigger and more ~~sarcasm thingies~~~~C!H!E!E!R!S!~~~ to
the enterprising thief who stole my bank card and then proceeded to
empty my account on the Saturday night.  And big hurrahs to the dearly
departed Big Gay Stu for accompanying me on an all-night sight-seeing
tour of London and providing breakfast, a jumper and train tickets (not
to mention drink and nightclub entry money) when I realised that being
stuck in the middle of London with no money and no idea of how to get to
Mark's house was not really the ideal way to lose my London picnic
virginity.

Erm, what can I say.  I was very, very drunk.

I shudder to think what Stu will get up to in South America, since his
idea of "sightseeing" involved Scotland Yard, the Department of Trade
and Industry, and the headquarters of Channel 4.  We did see some
pelicans though.

Gosh, is Alasdair really the only Rangers fan on the list then? Hee
hee.  The girl that sits next to me at work is an Ayr United fan, and I
was excitedly telling her about the Tigermilk advertising board at
Somerset Park, until she confessed that she just *says* she supports Ayr
because she's from there, but really she supports Rangers "because my
boyfriend would chuck me if I didn't".  Isn't that sad.  I have never
understood women who do things because their boyfriends want them to.
Or because anyone else wants them to for that matter.

My boyfriend supports Clyde and I couldn't support them in a million
years.  We almost had our first fight the other day, because he said he
thought B&S sounded like the sort of band you'd listen to when you were
stoned and you wanted something to go to sleep to, and he laughed when I
said I couldn't fall asleep, or work, or anything, when Belle and
Sebastian were on as I just want to listen to them and do nothing
else.   Some people just don;t understand...what is the point of having
something so beautiful there if you don't appreciate it.  Or am I just
being a bit precious about the whole thing?

Does anyone want some tickets for All Tomorrow's Parties then?  Really,
there seems to be a plethora of people booking chalets without enough
people to fill them.  I know someone with THREE spaces in a chalet with
three very nice people.  Please?!?!  None of the people is me, which can
only be a bonus.

In fact, go to http://come.to/bowlie2  and there's a link on the bottom
there to the NME message board designated to help people find chalet
mates.  Carsmile Steve has already put his tuppenceworth in, and he's
not even going (or are you?  Go on, you know you want to...)

The eclipse was crap up here, it didn't get very dark at all, and no-one
cheered. Possibly because I was in work at the time and we weren;t even
allowed out for a wee look (but I did peer out the window a bit).  I
hope the millenium isn't as over-rated as that.  I have decided to come
to London for New Year (despite a very tempting offer to spend it on a
beach in Rio with Big Stu, I don't quite think my limited temp-worker
wages will stretch to that somehow), so I think we should have a
Sinister New Year picnic on Primrose Hill.  I promise to still be able
to stand/speak by midnight.  Alternatively, I may be in New York.  We
shall see. (Though I'll most likely be in my mum and dad's sitting room
in Inverness with a dry martini and a bit of shortbread and Elaine C
Smith on the telly).

There's an advert on BBC Scotland just now for BBC Online, and it's got
an old dearie saying that she likes Belle and Sebastian.  Quite.

And now, I'm off out to glass some Americans, cos that's what we all do
round these parts,
Ailsa xx