Sinister: I'm off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of Oz....

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Fri Aug 13 10:58:42 BST 1999

Never fear.....

Being the only listee residing in Utah, I thought that I would post to let
you all know that lil' laura llew is safe and sound - even though a tornado
hit in Salt Lake on Wednesday (which I know that y'all being the informed
and up to date on world - an po-dunk Utah affairs were all aware of) .  I
know that you've all been consumed with worry about my safety - fretting,
biting your nails, sitting on the edges of your seats, gnashing your teeth..
or was that just my last date?  Anyway,  now you can all rest easy that all
is well in Laura Land.  On Saturday, I am leaving to go back home to North
Carolina and everyone knows that tornadoes are practically non-existent in
the southern part of the US. Ahaha.  It was unnerving not to hear anything
about the demise of some trailers during the coverage of a tornado. Which
reminds me of the old joke:
What is the difference between a tornado and a redneck divorce?
I dunno but somewhere someone is losing a trailer.

Gestapo in the form of  'Stay on the Subject Tyrant  (lest you be mistaken,
this IS a term of endearment.) Reid Dossinger said:
"Just because I left NC doesn't mean I'm going to let you people start
bad-mouthing it again.  I'll let Laura Llew fly the 'Proud to be a
Carolinian' banner.  She does a damn fine job of it."

It does my heart good to know that I am trusted with such a sacred duty.  Of
course, I will be able to do this better once I am back where I belong next
week. Yes, on Saturday I will start my road trip (yay!) across the United
States to my final destination of home sweet home, North Carolina.  We are
taking a detour up north though and going to the Dakotas. Its always been my
thought that North Dakota doesn't exist and is just a conspiracy by the
government. Far fetched idea I know, but have you ever met anyone from
there? Thats what I thought.  I finished my last class of my college career
on Monday. I'm done. done done done done done done done done done done done
done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done
done
FINISHED!  Oh the bliss. Not that I'm a proud owner of that coveted diploma
yet. I still have a dreaded internship. *sigh*  Not only do I resemble
Monica Lewinsky and have worked for a group home named Whitewater, I am now
going to be an intern.  I want to hear no snide remarks about presidential
knee pad from any of you.

For Belle and Sebastain content *writhing and twitching in pain from the
mere thought of talking about Belle and Sebastian on a mailing list for the
very reason of talking about them*  Ok, I can't bear the torture its just
too much.  I tried. Really I even got the first few words typed out. hehe.
Actually, I'll talk about Looper.  I absolutely adore song two (if I ever
have a band I'm going to name all of the songs Song 1 Song 2  Song 3.. Of
course the temptation to put Song 6 as the fifth song on the cd might be too
great),  "Impossible Things." I don't know if it is the subject matter of 2
people not knowing each others corresponding through letters or if its
Stuart's accent but I am in love with that song.  Does anyone else have
similar feelings?  Everyone I know who listens to Looper (ok ok so thats
just 1 other person) loves Burning Flies but doesn't give a hoot about
Impossible Things. Its a shame I tell you a shame.

I just want to say that I am chartreuse with envy of anyone who has
friends/acquaintances/people they have seen with upside down badges/people
they've met on the street or anyone else who also likes B&S and other
awesome bands of the same caliber.  It is definitely an 'impossible thing'
to find here - and I have tried.  Plus, it would be nice to have someone's
cds to borrow occasionally.  I am too broke to buy Tigermilk and it has
saddened me so.  I think that we should start a program to adopt poor
struggling youngns like myself and help them on the right path by donating
money to buy them cds.  For the costs of filling your car up with gas, you
can sponsor a girl so that she might have decent music to listen to.  Poor
impoverished Laura is stuck in a dank dim world filled with drab radio
stations that only play backstreet boys and brittany spears.  Add light and
enlightenment to her life by helping her so that her life might become a
cornucopia of wonderful musical endeavors and happiness that will feel her
very soul (yes, she even has a soul!).  Every week you will receive a letter
from your adoptee (me) telling of how your donation has enriched my life.
I'll even send you doe eyed pictures of me snuggling up to my new treasures
that will melt your heart (if you have one. which can only be proven if you
participate in this program that is the highest echelon of charity).
I know you are all tempted...  to delete this letter. Go ahead. Shatter all
my dreams...

*blaming the melodrama on her insomnia*

Laura