Sinister: A bootleg ?

Scott Plagenhoef splag at xxx.net
Fri Aug 13 14:51:00 BST 1999

Svennie writes:

A couple of days ago I got back from New York, and in NY i bought a CD which
is titled "boo to the business world", and the band is called Albanian steel
bed. If you rearrange the letters you get: Belle and Sebastian. My copy was
nr 71 of 100. Does anybody know anything about this bootleg, please tell.

I have one of these as well which is also numbered out of 100. I don't know
who pressed it or whatever as there isn't any faux bootleg label or anything
in the booklet to indicate its source. Anyway the shop I got it from also
had a second one, which makes the "limited edition" and "numbered" bit even
more dubious than it already is. If anyone's interested the contents are the
Evening Session from sept. 1, 1997 and 12 tracks "recorded live at studio
charles trenet, paris, autumn, 1998," which -- I believe -- if just a fancy
way of saying, "the black sessions." Cover art is a grayscale photo of
TBWTAS; there is a itty bitty poster of the same inside as well as a booklet
with a few band photos that are roughly digital-camera quality. So, for what
that's all worthŠ

Also, I'd like to take a number and get in line behind all the other foreign
tourists requesting bits and bobs of info on London. Record shops and pubs
are the Romulus and Remus of this query so info on them is most appreciated,
but any tips on really anything from shops to restaraunts to repertory
cinema houses to nice little spots to sit and watch the weary world go by
would be great too. Any info can be mailed privately to:
splag at centurysports.net

ta ta

scott.