Sinister: Teen Dream Drama Queen

Etheriel99 at xxx.com Etheriel99 at xxx.com
Sat Aug 14 07:46:41 BST 1999

Hullos!

Now, I've been compelled to write for no good reason.  And I feel I've got
nothing to lose by doing so.  It's strange.  As it turns out, I've always
been a bit afraid of what Friday the 13th might bring.  Still, I've not
recieved one omen of bad luck.  That is until today.  Ever since I was a
little girl, I used to wait for something bad to happen.  Friday the 13th's
would come and go, and still, nothing.  Only today did I get what I've been
missing ten fold.  The day started out alright.  I woke up fairly early
feeling not too tired.  Since I've been out of school, I've incidentally lost
track of time, dates, weekdays; it's quite disgusting.  Anyhow, I decided to
enrol myself in University courses today.  Of course, today being the last
day possible to enrol -- well, not exactly, but kind of.  So, I figured, I'll
secure my place in my course of choice -- the prerequisite for all the other
wonderful and interesting film courses for following years.  A must have.  I
enrolled by phone.  This is what I eventually heard: "Sorry, this course is
full or enrollment in this course is restricted...blah blah blah". After a
brief period of disbelief and ten other tries, it struck me.  I was too late.
 Course full, no prerequisite.  Major down the drain, future plans down the
drain.  All due to procrastination and fear.  But is it really that bad to
procrasinate and have to pay the horrid consequences for it? Is it really
fair to make someone feel so bad and leave themselves only to blame?  I don't
think so.  Maybe I'm wrong.  But of course being Friday the 13th, I had no
luck at all.  Work was bad too.  Then I had plans crushed by someone else.
My heart was broken twice today.

My best year was 1998.  If I ever feel compelled enough, i'll start writing
songs about 1998.
I also feel compelled to mention something about B&S...to meet the apparent
quota.  I'm still utterly devoted to them and listen to them exclusively.
Each album gets a fair play.  Ep's used to be #1, but have been overplayed,
and are now getting a break.Once I become a big fan of a certain band, it's
all I listen to until I get tired of it.  But my obsessions, which is kind of
harsh word, last fairly long.  The last band I got this way about lasted me
an entire year.  I figure B&S will manage to last me a year and a half before
I get sick of them, seeing as a new album is due and the extentions of the
B&S family usually tide me over inbetween ( i.e. Looper, and the
Gentlewaves.)  I don't want to get sick of them though.  Maybe I should take
a brake, but listen to some bands from the same vein as B&S.  Any
suggestions, besides Nick Drake.
Well I suppose that's enough for now. Take Care everyone.
Cheers and Cherries,
Cindy