Sinister: on the up

Matthew Hintz mhintz at xxx.edu
Mon Aug 16 02:14:19 BST 1999

Hello chaps.

Lesley Jo complained that the writers of _Chasing Amy_ are heterosexual
men writing a lesbian character.  Stuart Murdoch has done the same in his
songs, and to my knowledge, he isn't a lesbian.  If he is, then perhaps
Ms. Jo has a chance with Isobel afterall.  Take my cellist, please.

Someone else recomended a movie with Kate Beckinsale.  She is Brian's and
my favorite actress currently.  See her in _Shooting Fish_, _Cold Comfort
Farm_, and _The Last Days of Disco_.  Kate Winslet used to occupy this
favorite spot, but _Titanic_.  I don't have to say anymore.  I hear that
in Kate Beckinsale's new movie, she is imprisoned with Claire Danes in
Thailand.  Apparently, there is a cameo by Oon; she gambles for their
freedom in Monaco.  After that fails, she dons thick black glasses and
pretends to be Trousers, charming the prison guards into submission.  A
good disguise only ever needs glasses.

Brian and I saw _The Acid House_ Sunday evening.  The middle part, "A Soft
Touch", is quite good, and the other two parts a bit slight.  "Slow
Graffiti" is used to heart-wrenching affect.  Subtitled in English for
American audiences.  After the movie, we went to see Kiki and Herb.  Kiki
sang "Fox in the Snow"; where else can one hear the song performed by a
drag queen?  Other hits performed were "...Baby One More Time" and "This
is Hardcore".  If your sides hurt at the end, it means you were laughing
too hard.

I was in London the other week, but my plane left _before_ any of the
picnic festivities.  I did have the honor of sleeping in a bed twice with
a listee.  I told her it was my first time with a woman.  She told me it
was her's also.  Then I promptly passed out from alcohol.  Our sordid
romance that didn't happen has photographic evidence that looks more
seedier than the truth.  But I'm not telling which part isn't true.

Living and loving
	Matthew xo
Stolen Kisses
http://members.tripod.com/stolenkisses