Sinister: No voyage ends...

E. A. Hostetter eahostet at xxx.com
Mon Aug 16 07:02:14 BST 1999

oh, I feel naked

EMAIL

My email box has been plenty full since joining and I feel as though I
have company!  Keeps the day going at my horrid little 'cool' job where
I get paid to think and take the piss out of everything and anything
(trend-tracking) - alone at that! I will be moving on to something new
in September (writing for CD-ROMS/the Web) new company too.

To keep a few threads going...

LA PASTIE
Perhaps he was trying to say 'pastille', which means 'lozenge' in French
(nah) Speaking of French and pasties - I was in Quebec City a few years
back and went to the Ile d'Orleans, a huge, rural island in the middle
of the St. Lawrence river.  On the menu I noticed 'Chinese Pasty' which
amusingly is the translation of 'Paté Chinois' which is French for
'Shepherd's Pie'...I know my future grandchildren will be very amused
(sarc)

BELLE & SEBASTIAN & ROMANCE or MY WACKY LIFE
I had a strange and thrilling fling with a young indie movie producer
from L.A. We met on ICQ (blah) quite by accident - live chat.  Anyway,
over the phone one time I told him what kind of music I liked and he
said "Oh, Belle & Sebastian" The strange thing is, I didn't hear them
until I went down to visit!  He lent me his car and I went driving all
over the place. 'Stars of Track and Field' came on NPR and I freaked!!
Got back to Toronto and bought IYFS and TBWAS...oh, and the sex was
quite excellent!

TORONTO
I've been living here for a year, seeking out my new media dreams,
working in the 'gulch'...getting sick of Queen St. (icky trendy)
Unfortunately, I work alone with my boss i.e. he's not there very much.
A gorgeous (gay) guy rents a desk in our space and he's become a
wonderful friend, but other than that, well, I've tried emailing other
T.O. sinisterites and have found people to be a lot younger, or
non-responsive.  Hmmm, cold place this is.

THE SUPER-DEFORMED WORLD
My aunt lives in Tokyo and sent me "The Magazine of the Superdeformed
World" odd, yes, but great articles.  One was about the "Glasgow Scene"
(oh god forbid that those sorts of articles start showing up everywhere)
with a cool scene map by Katrina from the Pastels.  Another one is on
"Trattoria" graphics group,  amazing album cover art.  The ads in the
mag are so B&S, so lovable...I've put them on my homepage (see below)
Oh, and lots of Christina Ricci photos from Buffalo 66.  Fun CD included
(Dragibus, Unbunny, etc.)

ECLIPSE..none

My homepage is at www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/2513
The photo gallery that features my fun mug won't load online. The jpn
ads can be found at the B&S Links page.

Must sleep
bye!
liz