Sinister: GO!

Kin WOO daftpunk at xxx.au
Mon Aug 16 05:36:22 BST 1999

Hello sweeties:)
Yeah, I second whoever posted that notice about an apparent B&S b-side
called "Safety". I think I speak the mind of everyone when I say,
"HUH????:)" Anyone help us out?
Have just been to see "Go", for which "junior pulp fiction" is a very
appropriate term only thing is I LOVED this movie and hated "Pulp
Fiction". That movie was too testosteroned and macho and too
self-consciously hip and way too overhyped. "Go" on the other hand has
rapier sharp wit only matched by Tv's "Buffy", and is genuinely
exhilarating and exciting. The actors were all great especially Sarah
Polley and Scott Wolf. This movie has everything, drug deals gone bad,
vaguely accurate depictions of raves (considering it comes from America-
make that very accurate!!!:) tee hee) and even William Fichtner's bare
butt! Desmond Askew, whom some British listees will remember from "Grange
Hill" also gets to show off his umm naked rear end:) I loved how all three
stories linked and the music was mostly great (including newbie from
Leftfield) except from No Doubt at the end, ah well can't win everything
right? Asking any listee who has seen it, was there more scenes after the
credits rolled??? I hate missing scenes when I think the film has ended.
And for all those listees that haven't, GO SEE!
 Was watching "Charmed" last night, the ep where this 'dream sorcerer'
tries to kill Prue in her sleep. EVery time she woke up in dream land and
the dude tried to kill her, the subterranean trip hop of Garbage's "Stroke
of Luck" played. Appropriate huh?
Speaking of which, I'm a bit wary of this show. So far they have had 3 eps
with variations on the
supernatural-being/man-kills-other-nubile-girls-then-chases-one-of-the
sisters theme! Find a new theme darlings! While the far superior "Buffy"
uses the supernatural as a metaphor for the pain of adolescence, this show
does even play up to its campiness enough. On the plus side is the
wonderful rapport between the sisters especially from the unparalleled
bitchiness of Shannen Doherty. And a sacrilegious techno remix of the
SMiths' "How Soon Is Now?" with a godawful voice replacing Mozzer's. And
yet everytime it comes on, I'm grooving away-perfect!
Lastly, I have asked this before and will ask again, does any listee out
there have a bootleg of Dot Allison live??? I'm so desperately looking for
one (other than the Improv theatre one which a friend has promised to copy
for me)!!! Her soon-to-be-released album "AFterglow" is going to be one of
my albums of the year, after "Tigermilk" of course:) So only owners of
precious Dot bootlegs please privately contact me. And any American
listees going to see her at the CMJ in September, PLEASE BOOTLEG AND
CONTACT ME!!!
ok luv ya and see ya
Kin Woo