Sinister: For he can spraggle upon waggle at the word of command

robhalcrow at lineone.net robhalcrow at lineone.net
Mon Aug 16 20:22:09 BST 1999

Good evening or good morning (in a Robert Wyatt voice, please),
  Were you at Tigermilking on Friday? It was a winner and no mistake. That was my bunch of chancers playing from 9.30- 10. If you clapped then thank you. If you were going to hurl anything (a glass/ abuse) and thought better of it- thank you as well. We tried our best. I want to say a big public thanks to  Mark and Sam for putting it/us on. And hello to anyone else I spoke to (Martin Ear Confection). Next one I'm staying till the end. However if I hadn't left early then I wouldn't have seen those people having it away in the car outside my brother's house. Honestly. I didn't know where to look. I was quite bewildered/flabbergasted/flummoxed/perturbed/curious......
   How cool to have The Windhover By the late great Gerard Manley Hopkins on the list. What other poet conveys so much energy and excitement in their work? And to think no-one gave a monkeys when he was alive.
  On a similar note Kimberley Rehak's kitten book reminded me of 'My Cat Jeoffry' By Chrisopher Smart. I love that poem. And you will too if you give a go. You'll laugh, you'll cry.
   Glasgow- I was in Glasgow a few weeks back and I had a brilliant time. No-one threatened to glass me....in fact everyone was incredibly welcoming and friendly. (Any Rangers fans on the list can you please make sure Dick Advocaaaaaaaaat doesn't buy Allan Magic Johnston as The Mackems still need him? Thanks.)
  And finally...I played 'The Gate' the other day for the first time in months.....It's good, no really. I'm not an Isobel groupie (more of a Lauren Laverne man) but that's a lovely song.
  Well, that's all from me.
 Bye
Rob