Sinister: Why are we wise in our heads?

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 17 06:59:23 BST 1999

Two questions:

a)
Can you make music so intelligent that it just turns against you? I mean,
isn't Momus suffering from the fact that he's trying to be so Wittgenstein
that some people find his stuff a bit too philosophical? I like him, though.

b)
Why is it that popmusic differs so much from real life in one thing? If you
play simple, semiacoustic music with beauty, its considered fairly (here's
the word again) intelligent and touching. The less notes you use, the more
you "tell things without using unnecessary words and/or actions." But try to
act that way in real life, and people think you're a bit slow in your head.

It's a funny world. Did that make any sense?

@--->--- Jake, serious for a while