Sinister: hurrah!!

Ian McKinney the_gibber at xxx.com
Tue Aug 17 18:12:26 BST 1999

A voice at last! Oh joy and rapture! I hadn't intended to post immediately
following my release from the nursery, but when the message appeared, I
couldn't contain myself. Some of you may already know me as 'gibber' from
the sinister chat-channel, however I feel a brief introduction to the group
may be in order. I am a 22 year old irish male, nominally a student in
Belfast, but most of my time is spent sleeping and drinking and eating
burgers and twixes. I've been on a few mailing lists before, but never on
one which people put so much time and effort into their posts. I hope I can
keep up the standard.

Firstly, remember there was an article in the Guardian about two weeks ago
with all the ludicrous claptrap about how its trendy to dress like an arts
student now? Well, there was a delightful little photo of Isobel, and me
being a bit of an obsessive, I went to the trouble of uploading it for the
benefit of the non-guardian readers. For all I know everybody might've seen
it before, but what the hell.
Here it is:
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Maison/2842/isobel.jpg

Secondly, if you share my puerile, infantile sense of humour, you may enjoy
this slightly modified version. I apologise in advance.
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Maison/2842/isobeard.jpg
The devil will find work for idle hands. Oh well.

Thirdly, I've come up with some cracking compositions on the java magnetic
poetry device on the jeepster site, but I can't figure out how to save them
as a gif file, or any type of file for that matter. If somebody could help
me I would be very happy. I've got Win98 and IE 5.

Fourthly, if anybody else on this list is resident in Belfast, (apart from
Daragh, who is my v.b.f. anyway) why not drop me a line and we can go out
and get hammered?

Yours with tremendous expectations,
Ian