Sinister: Poetry and bollocks

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Wed Aug 18 09:18:59 BST 1999

Wohoo, today I'll see Lemonheads live!! Well not exactly: Drug Buddies plays
Lemonheads, Kurtvana plays Nirvana and... erm, some band plays Pixies today
at the Semifinal club. I sincerely hope that they Really can play, I've been
to these tribute-things a few time before and frankly, the bands have been
awful, these 16- year old kids who don't even know how to hold their
instruments doing bad stuff to my favourite bands, smiling like idiots
'cause they know that at least one girl there wants to "get to know them
better" just because they are in a band. Then those bastards drink beer
after their gig and fondle their nonexisting groupies ever so gently, like
all teens do, hand on their arse and sticking their toungues into their
mouths. ... Who, me jealous because I can't play anything? Naaa....

This reminds me of something. I once was in that same club to see Candy
Darling (one of the best bands in Finland, but you don't care, do you?) play
Velvet Underground and Lou Reed songs. Well I thought so. Never mix Vodka,
beer, cider and wine together. They just don't make you feel good. So after
they start their first song, I'm off to the loo. I come back 45 minutes
later to hear the last notes they play. Never mix your drinks, I say. But
that was two years ago, and I haven't done it since.

Ok, and now, for the sake of pissing people off, here's my VERY
B&S-influenced lyrics to my friends band. If you don't like it, you don't
have to read it. And this is actually a true story, you know.

                 She said: 'Boy, you're still a child
                 So cheer up and smile.
                 Let us be friends
                 do not fantasize