Sinister: Oh, this and that, you know...

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Wed Aug 18 12:16:05 BST 1999

At risk of boring everyone AGAIN, if any Glasgow types are V-Twinning
tonight, I'll be in Nice'n'Sleazy's at 9.30-ish with the lovely, if
slightly mad, Calumn and maybe some other people.  Come along, due to
the inclement weather the infamous duffle coat may be making its first
outing of the summer.  Carsmile Steve fully expected me to be wearing it
at the London picnic, despite it being the hottest weekend ever in the
history of the world (or something).

Amphetameanies too on Saturday.  Mail me personally if you want to meet
up somewhere.

People who wrote me on my Chickmail account - I keep forgetting to check
it which is why I haven't written to you yet :) And Nick and Martin C
and other people I haven't written to for ages, I do have a good excuse,
I just haven't thought of it yet. Erm, the dog ate my computer.  I did
do it, I just forgot to bring it in with me.  Whatever.  I never got to
use these excuses as a child, as at a boarding school, it's a bit tricky
to leave things at home...

I want to nick Lesley Jo's email address, as I feel trollopinpaisley has
a certain ring to it.  Though I'm not a trollop at all.  Despite what
Alasdair is probably going to reply to this (I heard it all on the phone
last night).  It's not true, whatever he says.  Unless it's nice, in
which case it probably still isn't true, but you can believe it if you
want.

I have just arsed up an exam big style, and I have to go back to work
and I don't want to, I just want to sleep and then wake up and go out
and not care about how I've just wasted the last year of my life doing
an ultimately useless course, though I suppose the free internet access
and meeting my boyfriend are some sort of compensation.

I don't have a problem with "intelligent" music, what I *do* have a
problem with is people who don't like "dumb" music.  Like Steps, or
Wham!, or Offspring.  They may say nothing to me about my life, but
neither does Sunset Beach and I like that too.  But selectively, I mean,
just because I like Wham! doesn;t mean I like Bros, liking Steps doesn;t
mean I have to like the Vengaboys etc etc.  I still have discretion,
it's just not based on what anyone else thinks.  Not that any of you do
that of course, but I completely fail to see how people can't enjoy a
bit of brainless cheesy fluff every now and again.  I also fail to see
how people can love any band more than Belle and Sebastian, but hey,
each to their own.  Which reminds me, massive massive respect to the
bloke ages ago that said Nick Drake was shit and all his songs sounded
the same.  I hope you meant that.  I may not agree with you, but it's
good that people on here *aren't* all listening to the same stuff, or
we'd become the twee massive that some people were accusing us of not so
long ago.  And then I'd start moaning again.

Just ignore me, I've been up half the night studying.  Now I have to go
and hide my Invernessian face in my work, as the office will be full of
disgruntled St Mirren fans, who the snappily-monikered Inverness
Caledonian Thistle FC knocked out of the League Cup last night.  The
fact that I actually support Celtic means little to them, it seems.

Ailsa xx

By the way, if you haven't read Struan's story on the B&S homepage, you
should, it's dead sweet.  I want to write things about why I think he's
great on Chris' fansite, but I could go on forever.  So I won't bother.