Sinister: Weather is here. Wish you were beautiful.

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Thu Aug 19 06:35:03 BST 1999

Hello darkness my old friends. I've come to post to you again…

I know, I know. You all hungrily sign on to your e-mail accounts and
greedily go down the list of your 50 something messages in search of your
favorite listee's post. Eagerly you click on that link to send you to a
letter full of meaning, full of wit, full of fun and cheer. Well, too bad -
just my tripe for now.... But thats ok since I send you cheery greetings
from Northern Calipornia!

Now, I know what you're thinking. As you scratch your head, you're
wondering, "Why, Laura Llew, California isn't on the way from Utah to North
Carolina. Did they set you facing the wrong direction after they wound up
the metal knob in your back?" Don't fret kiddies.  My plans for a wondrous
cross country road trip fell again and so I am ended up at relatives house
in Fairfield until I can get a flight back to the promise land (September
8th). The 'Find Llew a Way Home' debacle of '99 has certainly proved to be
interesting. Then again it should surprised anyone. I mean, my plans to
prove that North Dakota really doesn't exist but it is a falsehood
perpetuated by the government to serve their evil purpose were thwarted once
again. Coincidence? Ohhhhh, I think not. At least I'm no longer living with
my roomies.  I loved them dearly but it was akin to living with a plague of
locusts. Though, locusts are most likely cleaner.

The dreamy Alasdair said, "yada yada yada." Ok, so I stopped listening to
the actual words. Everyone (well besides Timmy Hopkins) knows that you don't
actually listen to Al's words just to his dream accent for which the women
swoon. The other day, my sister told me that she was moving to Scotland and
marrying the first guy that came along who had that accent which seems to
have that wicked witch of the west (definitely not of the south) melting
effect.  She doesn't care if he's old, balding, toothless, or skinny (don't
ask me those are the exact words she used) - so Xavier it seems as if you do
have a chance! ahaha

On the road trip out here to Cali, I got the opportunity to introduce my
brother to both IYFS and BWTAS (which sound like military abbreviations). Of
course, this was after suffering through his requests of something catchy
like Third Eye Blind or the such. I played him Billy Joel, The Beautiful
South and Fountains of Wayne - slowly but surely easing him out of the
stagnated pool of radio play. While he was listening to b&s I thought I saw
him go through a change of heart.  He seemed to be happily pondering his own
thoughts while listening to the music. I was sure that he had fallen in love
with them and was being taken to whole new worlds of thought and enjoyment.
Then he turns to me and says, "What did the dog say to the other dog as he
lifted his hind leg."
I gullibly answered, "What?"
To which he replied, "From a scale of 1 to 10,  you're an 8."

I'll pause for a second to let the stupidity of the joke sink in…

I'm sure my face was a mask of pure horror and disgust. Here I thought he
was being seriously effected by my selection of pure ear candy.  Instead,
some muse that I have never heard of nor am in interesting of ever meeting
is inspiring him. In retrospect, I believe that is was just the fact that we
had been on the road for so long because then he started to mindlessly
babble about the evil of sweater girl (a girl that we nicknamed so because
of her tendency to wear a sweater around her shoulders. He thought she was
bearing false witness since she had the sweater but had no intentions of
wearing it. Plus, the past few times he had seen her there had been no
sweater.  He seemed quite perturbed by this whole situation.) Yes, I'm
blaming the heat. If you're travelling through Utah, Nevada, and California
during the summer may I suggest that you have ac in your car that actually
works. A novel idea I know.

My sponsor a musically impoverished Laura program is coming along quite
well.  This list is full of charitable, generous, lovely souls namely ta ra
martin robinson,  simple p. pete ramsdale,  etr327, and terrific tom
yosomethingorother.  I will get back to you all tomorrow or so when I have
more extensive use of the computer. I just wanted to send out my deep heart
felt thanks for your thoughts and generosity. That and to guilt trip other
list members into being more generous to wide eye Laura's everywhere... I
don't think it will work though.

Well, I'm off like bell bottoms in the 80's. I too will be back. I love you
all -  that other mailing list mean nothing to me. You must believe me

Laura

"Filling all your Laura Llew needs since 1977."