Sinister: That Matador comp thing

Brian Pennington (Mick McMick) bp224996 at xxx.edu
Thu Aug 19 15:27:02 BST 1999

Ahhh....
I thought I'd jump over to their homepage and see if they had the info
there. Surprisingly it was right in the front of the 'news' section:

                     CD One
                     1. Pavement - Stereo
                     2. Cornelius - Count Five Or Six
                     3. The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Talk About The
Blues
                     4. Cat Power - Cross Bones Style
                     5. Chavez - Flight '96
                     6. Nightmares On Wax - Fire In The Middle
                     7. Non Phixion - Refuse To Lose
                     8. Jega - Pitbull
                     9. Unwound - NO TECH!
                     10. Helium - Cosmic Rays
                     11. Lynnfield Pioneers - Maximum Sunshine
                     12. Guitar Wolf - Fujiyama Attack
                     13. Modest Mouse - Heart Cooks Brain
                     14. Bardo Pond - Flux

                     CD Two
                     1. Mogwai - Xmas Steps
                     2. Yo La Tengo - Sugarcube
                     3. Guided By Voices - The Official Ironmen Rally
Song
                     4. Sleater-Kinney - Banned From The End Of The
World
                     5. Solex - One Louder Solex
                     6. Matmos - The Banjo's Categorical Gut
                     7. Arab Strap - Here We Go
                     8. Khan - Booker To Hooker
                     9. Red Snapper - Image Of You
                     10. Arsonists - Blaze
                     11. Boards Of Canada - Roygbiv
                     12. Burger/Ink - Do The Strand
                     13. Pole - Tanzen
                     14. Void - X-Factor

                     CD Three
                     1. The Lynnfield Pioneers - Windblown
                     2. The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Naked
                     3. Non Phixion - Sleepwalkers
                     4. Arsonists - Universal Skills
                     5. Pizzicato Five - One Two Three Four Five Six
Seven Eight
                     Nine Ten Barbie Dolls
                     6. Solex - Oh Cripes!
                     7. Khan - Body Dump (Super-8 Mix)
                     8. The Wisdom Of Harry - Schtumm
                     9. Yo La Tengo - Sugarcube (Live)
                     10. Pavement - Grounded (Crooked Rain Version)
                     11. Guided By Voices - Choking Tara (Creamy
Version)
                     12. Mary Timony - Aging Astronauts II
                     13. Bardo Pond - Long Ride
                     14. Mogwai - Hugh Dallas
                     15. Cat Power - Sea Of Love

	So note you, absolutely no B&S songs. I for one am thankful that I
don't have to sift through a bunch of Solex and Guided By Voices just to
hear an alternate version of a B&S song (and I'm sure I'd buy it if it
had one, too).
	Hm, you know you're in a rough patch when the biggest bit of B&S news
is that they aren't on a compilation. Fascinating. In other news the 'Is
Johnny Marr joining Oasis?' thread seems indeed not indigenous to our
list, or even to related lists, such as the Oasis list. In fact a brief
discussion has already begun on the Factory list. Apparently there is
something cited which said he actually is joining, not like what I'd
previously read, that he was thinking about it, and then that he was
never actually thinking about it, although it was thought otherwise. If
you're wondering at the connection, recall that J'en ai marre was in
Electronic w/Bernard Sumner, and that they were initially on Factory.
Incidentally, I thought Electronic's new album is absolute crap. I hope
the new New Order album is better...
	Hm...it's my last day at work. I'm going to be relieved to go back to
the student life. The languid days of having lots of stress about doing
small amounts of things, but spending most of your time doing other
things. For me that mostly means working at my radio station, watching
Anime, playing video games, or spending lots of time on the web.
	Summer is coming to a close, and I for one am ever so glad. Not that
this summer hasn't had its high points, but I'm glad that Fall is about
to begin, because summer's subtitle should be 'the sweaty, sticky
season' and Fall's should be 'the pleasant cool breeze and jackets
season.'
	Since we're mostly discussing other things and since I've already
posted some 'genuine' B&S content, I would like you all to note that I
finally found the new Brian album, and it is fiendishly good. Quite
dancey, unlike the first, but as I said excellent. Yours truly will also
be looking forward greatly to next week's release of a brand new
Trembling Blue Stars 7". Now if I can just get ahold of that Birdie
single...

	Hm, I suppose since it's my last day at work I'll append a genuine
signature:

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Brian Pennington, a.k.a. Mick McMick; Sandcastle Records
 \         /  bp224996 at ohiou.edu                           ICQ#5056758