Sinister: Spanking oneself to the point of tears

Burke, Jeffrey jburke at xxx.com
Thu Aug 19 20:32:33 BST 1999

Let's see.....

RODAN is the biggest. They made one record. spawned 18,038,938 bands and
every indie person in the US loves them (myself inclusive...)

Slint is the other band..said to inspire rodan...but they put out three
records...very early "post rock" whatever THAT label means......

The Vaselines? Over here they didn't get ANY attenion...
the short lived Captain America?

Ani Difranco has a truly (frightening) cultish following but she's fairly
popular isn't she?
Mission of Burma are the best band to ever come out of boston... (and I
include the pixies as a boston band) and they're relatively unpraised...

The Grifters have been doing their thing for a long long time....
Yo La Tengo too.......
I've always though Ned's Atomic Dustbin deserved more attenion...:)