Sinister: selfish-idle

E. A. Hostetter eahostet at xxx.com
Tue Aug 24 03:41:30 BST 1999

I think that's the best way to spend time, with selfish inner chat so I
will share mine with you!

SOCKS
Yes, socks disappear, end up on your roommate's floor, dusty behind your
bed, stuck on the top part of the washing machine at the laundromat, and
they get ugly so quickly.

I used to snag my father's business-man socks and wear them under my
jeans.  They were synthetic and the elastic used to pull and stick out
all over the place; then they'd sag around my ankles.

My mother got me some socks with Santa Claus on them and I wore them to
a party.  My friend Franny had to make a point of saying how ugly they
were in front of everyone *sniff*  My lack of good taste at times can
usually be attributed to sentimentality.  A former boyfriend teased me
and said "As long as it's from grandma, you think it's safe to wear in
public, even if it's god awful."  *Hmmfff!*

BEING A LOVED ONE
That whole 'soulmate' thing is a farce.  There are likely thousands of
people who are good for you.  Someone I spoke to recently talked about
'types' and how there are maybe 12 types of people and when matching
types meet, they will be compatible to some degree. Maybe that's why I
seem to date the same guy over and over again?

Helping others is good but realizing that you are "not special" makes
being selfish all the more reasonable!

SANRIO-LIKE
I just got the prettiest cards from my aunt in Japan (not from Sanrio.)
They are made of fine paper and are painted in beautiful pastel shades
(watercolours) One is a line drawning of a boy and his dog (Belle &
Sebastian of course!) and another has a girl being followed by 2 birds.
*sigh*

B&S
Got to listen to LLPJ and Tigermilk (again) at J's the other day.  I
played him Nick Drake and...he liked it?!  I like that Electronic goop
song...hah!  (sorry, I never remember names of songs) Please send him
your good wishes, he'll be entering the priesthood very soon :)

Better go before he rings me up and showers me with lovely words *hah*
bye!