Sinister: Erm ..

nickb nickb at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 24 00:55:02 BST 1999

Gawd, I'm sorry about that last post - I feel like an arse.  Was just in a
bad mood and cranky.  It's a good job I'm not a girl because if I got
periods I'd probably end up hitting someone.  My moods tend to change about
10 times a day as it is.  (Okay, maybe not quite that bad)  Please take my
posts with a (liberal) pinch of salt, anyway.  What I was trying to say in
my usual (albeit) skewed way was that it's neither good nor bad to be normal
or (for want of a better word) un-normal but there's nothing wrong with not
being (I hate this word) 'alternative'.  Everyone is an individual case.

I saw The Loneliness of the Long distance runner too because I was still
awake, but it wasn't about Belle and Sebastian.  It was a black and white
English borstal drama.  Not like Scum though, rather more innocent but quite
bleak really.  It was about a bloke who nicked some money from a baker's and
was sent to borstal.  But the borstal was like a holiday camp, everyone was
really quite nice to each other.  Could it really have been like that?  I
feel bad about this but I always suspect back and white films.  I thought it
was a B&S song I have to admit.  What's The Loneliness of the middle
distance runner like?  Can you get it on any releases?

Changing the subject, what I wonder is this: how is it that Topic bars have
gotten significantly smaller yet Milky bars now proper chocolate bar sized?
I've always thought Topics to be far superior.  Milky bars're just white
chocolate.

I have a load of books in my front room just lying on my floor in a big
mess.  A word of warning: if you're considering buying a bookcase from
Argos: take someone to help you carry it back.  They weigh about 18 tonnes.
Not really.  But they are heavy.  I know, I found out today - the journey
home took about 10 hours because I had to keep stopping for a breather.
(Well it took longer anyway)

At work today we were reading this guy on the other shift's mail because his
girlfriend mails him nearly every day, and we came across a rude mail saying
that she wanted to do something to him.  So we put it in his friend's
drawer.  I'm already starting to feel pangs of guilt.  Oh dear.  I had to
fess up.

I have to go to bed, really.

(cheered up for no apparent reason) spritser