Sinister: Re: Beth Orton + They might be giants

Craig-Lee Thompson painbirds at xxx.com
Tue Aug 24 11:45:39 BST 1999

Nothing to do with being hipster, but I actually purchased the latest Beth
Orton album last week and also think it is rather worthy. The reasoning
behind my purchasing was (a)I think Mrs Orton sounds a little like Chan
Marshall (b)Mrs Orton looks vaguely like Chan Marshall (& I must say has an
appealing look!!)(c)The c.d was rather cheap from a second hand store... The
unfortunate aspect is that I don't think a Beth Orton album shall ever reach
the heights scaled by Chan Marshall (not even if she calls in the 'Tren
Brothers').
     I personally think the 'They Might Be Giants Album - Lincoln' is a
classic amongst my collection of music. In addition I also think that I am
the normal one and there are so many strange people out there!!

    One for the few normal people,

       I am hipster, from the knees down,

                  Craig-Lee....

High rotation on the 5-c.d mix:

1.Built to Spill - Keep it Like a secret
2.Norwegian music for Craig (c.d comp)
3.Tindersticks - the first album
4.Underground Lovers - Cold feeling
5.Gaslight Radio - Hitch on Leaves