Sinister: All the smokelike streams that flow into your dreams

Natasha Rachel lyricjunkie at xxx.com
Wed Aug 25 00:53:03 BST 1999

Hello again you lot.

Martin Connelly has been encouraging alcoholism by sharing tips on
how to conceal your drink in your anorak.  Similarly, but encouraging
failure in exams, during lessons you can do what I used to and make
your school jumper work for the way it pains you to put it on every
morning, by passing the wire from one side of the headphones to your
personal stereo under your jumper sleeve.  All you have to do now is
pull your sleeve down over your hand, rest your head in your hand and
hold the earpiece up to your ear.  You can even look at the teacher
as if you're paying attention to what they're saying while you're
doing this for the ultimate in innocent composures.  I can't get over
the sheer SATISFACTION of referring to anything to do with sch**l in
the past tense.

Marcus can't get to a computer at the moment, so I'm afraid you'll
have to settle for hearing about the London
oh-dear-where-HAS-the-summer-gone picnic from me instead.  I'm sorry
it has to be this way but no one said life was going to be fair, did
they?  So, the picnic: At the "a pain to climb if you're unfit but
heavenly once you're there" top of Primrose Hill, as per usual, BUT
meeting at Chalk Farm station beforehand.  Read all about it with the
aid of this nifty little link:
http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/cgi-bin/mboard/belle/thread.cgi?399,0

I'll still be doing all sorts of cooling down things with ice cubes
to prevent myself melting in this cursed (with an accent on the e so
it's pronounced, thank you) heat at that time, so I won't be able to
make it.  I have, however, been persuaded to enter the "We're Belle &
Sebastian fans, you see, so we simply must have chalets and pubs if
we're going to be convinced to brave a festival" world that will be
ATP.  (Does anyone else have adenosine triphosphate flash before
their eyes every time those initials get together?  Just me then.
Thought as much.  A-Level Biology has *so* much to answer for.)  If
you're going to be at the gig/meet-up at the Betsy Trotwood the night
before the festival frolics begin, then, I'll see you there.

I have nothing more to report but lovesickness, so that will be all
for the moment.

Natasha xx