Sinister: free to speak at last!!

James Gilmer grey7 at xxx.net
Wed Aug 25 02:17:57 BST 1999

Hello all, I've just been let out of the nursery for my obligitory first
time post. Firstly, let me say I'm happy to report that my college radio
station (WDBM 89.9) from Michigan State University has several Belle and
Sebastian songs in heavy rotation. "I spent the summer Wasting", "TBWTAS",
"Dirty Dream #2", and a few others. That's not how I became addicted to them
though. Instead a fellow on one of the reviewer's newsgroups had "Buy Belle
and Sebastian records" in his sig, and since the sig seemed odd to me I
decided to investigate and picked up TBWTAS, the rest as they say is
history. My current faves are either; "She's Losing It", or "I spent the
Summer Wasting". As far as the Beach Boys go I'll say they are not given
enough credit by far, yet I still like the Beatles much, much better. I do
dig They Might Be Giants, and I'm a rather normal fellow. I must give a
shout out about Beth Orton though, since I caught her on Sessions at 54th,
I've thought her amazing. Hmmm...hate to do too longish a post the first
time out of the gate. Anyways, just learned to do She's losing It and Is it
Wicked on guitar, I'm a horrible player really, self taught and all that.
Still a bit of personal info before I go: My email says James, nonsense! I'm
Jim. I live about an hour away from Detroit, Michigan in a small town where
I commute daily to the degree granting institution of my choice: Michigan
State University, for an English degree. Which means I'll have I brilliant
career in the food service industry:-) Still, I have to say you're all
brilliant, thanks for your time- Jim