Sinister: bien sur!

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Wed Aug 25 17:19:20 BST 1999

hip-kittens,

All this talk of socks, you're *so* passe. Don't you know legwarmers are de
rigeur this season? Of course you can't wear them unless you have legs like
very long sticks, but tights can do magic things these days. I used to
quite hate 'Sleaze nation', and style programmes like 'Slave', but you have
to admit, they're laughing at *us* when they send us out buying shell suits
and legwarmers under the guise of an eighties rivival. If the eighties was
the decade style forgot, what is the nineties? The decade where style
couldn't be bothered, and took the best bits of old things, threw them all
together on a pretty frame and claims it's doing something exciting? Like
Spanners and his Parka-angst, I *hate* the ironic hipster brigade. Yes, I
mean you! With your designer trainers and your waiting list aviator Chole
shades.

I got a new mAKE UP cd called Afterdark, which is like Aftermath, only
better. It's live, so it sounds like it's been recorded in a barrel, natch.
Someone has stolen my other mAKE UP cd, but bizzarely left the case behind
in their crafty theiving spree. Of course it's not down the back of the
sofa, or stuck behind my chest of drawers. Oh no. I like the mAKE UP
because it scares the neighbours. R U A Believer? Can I hear U say "yea"?
Play them LOUD and play them PROUD. And if they tell you to turn that
terrible racket down, you tell them from me, we can't be contained.

I've just got my photos back from the last london picnic, and I think you
should all feel very, very afraid.

bunny-eared
Erica