Sinister: I'm back (sorry)

James Thorniley jthorniley at xxx.net
Wed Aug 25 18:22:56 BST 1999

Hi Sinsters,

I'm back from "holiday":
It rained.

Oh well, I never enjoy holidays. I did have a different mail to send
you, but I scrapped it. I keep doing that; there's got to be like 5
would-be sinister posts in my drafts folder. I scrapped it because the
list inspired me with some more interesting subjects:

SOCKS
Oh yes. My socks smell after a day of wearing them, which is probably
the case for most people (I hope). It's annoying, isn't it. As for
disappearing, it reminds me of Blackadder the Third. Ho ho, the prince
regent kept losing his socks. As for cashmere socks, it seems I have not
lived life to the full, as I have never even seen a pair. B&S underwear
seems like a cool idea, but what I really want is a B&S cardigan, these
t-shirts just aren't enough in winter.

HONEY I SHRUNK THE CHOCOLATE
It's inflation, see. The chocolate has to shrink or the prices have to
go up. They're being nice to us, really. Did you hear cadbury's are
planning to shrink those kilogram dairy milk things down to 800 grams?

SPECIAL PEOPLE
I found Dave's (Jygsaw18 at aol)
comments very interesting:

there's been  a trend in the last several decades for people to assume
that they,
along  with a select few, are different from the masses. When in reality
they aren't, simply because there aren't any "masses"
<<

I think this was a reply to a previous post (something about they might
be giants seems to be on a similar point), but I think that post must
have come whilst I was on holiday, so I don't know who to credit for
starting this thread, but well done to you, anyway. My thoughts arethus:

It is nice to think you are different from the masses, and I think we
are, after a fashion. Dave is right, that we cannot say that everyone
else in the world is "normal" and we are the special ones. But we are
special in a way. On this list we can all call ourselves "sinister", or
something like that. That makes us all special. That makes us different
from everyone who is not on the list. But this list is not the only
small group in the world. There are lots of other small groups of
people who can consider themselves "special", and to them, we are part
of
"the masses".

Actually, having just read kaite's post (something about being remided
of a conversation...), I thought that was interesting too. Some people
do prefer to think they are normal. But these people will probably find
that there are more strange people than normal people. Oh, and kaite,
that magazine was Select, it's sitting on the desk I'm at right now.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, because I love you all really.

That wasn't very interesting, was it? At least it wasn't very long ;-)

--
James Thorniley
Sorry, is it Jon Lennon?

We are sinister. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.