Sinister: Love amongst the cinders

Rachael . chigger88 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 26 02:05:12 BST 1999

Ah HA!!!  I have broken my silence.  It has been nearly a year since my last
missive.  Who knew?  Sorry, I have been deleting people's email with great
deftness.  Oh, and a certain amount of mad glee!  I was moved to write
because of a shark.  A big long gnashing thing lurking about 50 yards off
the coast of Cornwall.  Nasty 15 foot beast.

Phil Britts an alleged "shark angler" had this to say, "I was absolutely
gobsmacked [after seeing the prehistoric dorsal fin--ed.].

"I wouldn't be surprised if one day someone on a surfboard got gobbled up by
one. They've caught bigger sharks than this in Durban so they are catchable.
If there's
a way we can do it we'll have a go."

Why does this matter?  It doesn't really.  Except that there was a shark
sighting here that forced the closure of one of my favorite beaches.  The
life guards were screaming at everyone through their officious megaphones
"ANKLE DEEP!!!" meaning, don't go in above the ankles.  Not unless you want
to chum up the waters.

I happen to like sharks.  I don't want to marry one or anything but I think
they are nice in a sort of stand-offish way.  They get a bad rep.  I am not
trying to clear their name, I mean, I surf and if there is something lurking
under the water, I won't know till my leg is gone.

On that note, sleep well sundry sinners.

Rachael

P.S.  HI PAUL!!!  LOVE YOUR BOOK!!!

Confidential to E.G: Send me an e-mail, mofo.

Secret Message to J.S:  Michael Stipe sucks.