Sinister: Caught up in the snog of old london town

Sam Norman snorman at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 27 14:58:52 BST 1999

I saw Smog last night. I thought i'd just let you all know that. We
bumped into a couple of other listees there (hello!!).

I'd never heard them before, don't get me wrong  i'd heard of them but
not of what they do.

Paradise Motel were the first support who bored me to death, then Black
Box Recorder who I was really looking forward to. But half way through
their set i needed the toilet had to leave and when i came back I
couldn't find a seat anywhere from which i could see anything. It was at
the Union Chapel (all thoughs hazy memories must flood back now)

Smog to be honest also bored me. They just didn't seem to have anything.
They need a bassist cause the music just wasn't going anywhere, and the
didn't now when to stop. Bassist are good aren't they.

ANyway we met them afterwards. God was the singer rude. Didn't smile
once. The other guitarist was nice though we had a chat about Foyles the
Book shop on Charing Cross road, which he seemed to enjoy. Then we left.

A very belated thanks to everyone who came to Tigermilking hope you all
enjoyed yourselves.

Sam