Sinister: counting books...

E. A. Hostetter eahostet at xxx.com
Sat Aug 28 04:33:25 BST 1999

Hello friends...and esp. Mr. Thorniley's ego *wink*

BOOKS
I said it, I did it...I am counting my books.  I used to have over 300
but now, because of many moves over the past 4 years, I am down to about
100.

I lost one of my favourites, called "Panick Love" by Antonio d'Alfonso.
It was a gift from my mother and it's about friends and lovers creeping
around Paris, Milan, and Montreal...fantasy I should think!

Still have most of my university books: Phonological theory of polyglot
children with hare lips...very useful.

CDs
Another loss to mourn: HMV.com did not have the Scott Walker CD I
ordered and they sent me a happy little message telling me that I have
to look elsewhere.  I tried to get the new Freedy Johnston but it was on
order at the (actual) store. Maybe I'll just have to let Enrique
Iglesias keep me company...

JOB
I have all weekend to fret about a possible new job. Unfortunately, it's
way out in the suburbs.  I'll be writing for the company's web site;
target market: 9-14 year old boys. I'll expense all sorts of toys and
comic books..."research, I swear!"

My current job has given me lots of relevant experience...but I can't
wait to quit.  I feel like I'm married and dying to break free....8
hours a day in the same room with an immature 32 year old man...help!
Men with model fixations are big ZEROs in my opinion.

POETRY
I have no poetry to share although I do recommend Gwendolyn McEwen.  She
died very young and wrote the most beautiful stuff I have ever read.

Cheers...love you all...my squishy-face photo will be up soon
:)