Sinister: we like tom jones

Johan Nilsson i_love_moon at xxx.com
Sat Aug 28 22:05:00 BST 1999

Hello.

A friend of mine just asked me what it is like to have a girlfriend again. Seeing that I haven't had one since junior high. I said that I listen a lot more to the radio. Obviously he didn't get that remark, but it's nae a lie, it's true, i do. We do. We listen to the radio all the time. Mostly in my bed, in the dark, not talking too much. Listening to the sounds and commenting on them. We are rather evil people (read Sinisters), so to our amusement Belle & Sebastian was band of the week on P3 last week. There just came out a CD with a swedish singer named Pernilla Andersson, I think it's called "My Journey". The play it all the time on the radio. It's really good though, so if you see it in one of those listening devices they have at record stores you should give it a minute and a half. "She sounds like Nina in the Cardigans" my girlfriend says. "Yeah" I say, "before she went electronic". We both giggle a bit. We have decided that the Cardigans were much better before they started wearing leather pants and well, playing so electronic music. But we both like the new Tom Jones features the Cardigans song "Burn Down The House", but nae, that is just because we love Tom Jones, but who doesn't?

Did any by chance record the Peel session on the 18th of August? Boy, I'm so depressed that I missed it. Yim O Yorke played there. You know, the boy who calls himself Jim O'Rourke. Together with Belle & Sebastian I think he writes some of the cutest lyrics in the world. Like in "Ghost Ship In A Storm" where he sings about getting hit by a car whilest carrying a wedding cake and all the cheeries falls down on the pavement and all as he drops it. If anyone has his preformance for Peel on Radio 1 I would give anything to get it. So pleeeeeaaaaasse write me if you have it.

luv.

Johan Nilsson
www.hayfever.net

___fini.