Sinister: cunning linguists

Pulpbot at xxx.com Pulpbot at xxx.com
Mon Aug 30 04:38:03 BST 1999

Purchased the new Momus album yesterday. Has it been out a while? Can't
decide what I think of his premise--that throughout history many artists had
patrons paying for their endeavors, so why shouldn't Momus? Most of the songs
never seem to break out of novelty, except for the Shawn Krueger one, which
is sentimental and clever as hell. Not exactly the Sistine Chapel, though.
That said, it's a nice turn of the tables for an artist to works for the
fans. Hell, if I'd $1,000 I woulda done it. And why not raise money like this
as opposed to releasing live albums, sub-par rarities-type things? I still
think it could have been done in a more meaningful way, though. But then he'd
have to know these people like a girlfriend of friend, I guess. Ack! I'm the
queen of dithering on this record.
Anyway, Belle and Sebastian are namechecked on the album, so that's my
obligatory content. Oh, and I got the new Chickfactor. Stuart M. mentions
some short-haired girl on the crush page, thus bolstering my theory that he
only truly desires short-haired women, Tigermilk cover star, Isobel, and this
new chick. That's not much, granted, but when you're shorn to about an inch
like me, you gotta cling, my friends.
--Jennifer