Sinister: various responses & BBC atheletics background music

Taylor JM J.M.Taylor at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 31 19:58:49 BST 1999

apologies primarily for my last mega-ramble, not that anybody would have
got to the end of it without hitting delete, but sorry anyway. concise.
try.

(i would cut & paste everybody elses' comments but i'm afraid my limited
computing resources do not allow this, but anyway.....)

 a newcomer to our hearth place Miss Lucy of Juicedom pointed out that
Buddy's Song was infact a sequel to the TV read along series 'Buddy'.
Apart from obviously re-pointing out that dear Chesney Hawkes name is an
anagram of Cheesey Wank, or checking it for the the first time ever
She Cheesey Wank / She Wank Cheesey (?) etc's. I think it worthy to note
that Roger (and mentioning Daltrey seems nearly second to B&S in the
content stakes) was always extremely proud that said programme actually
had the effect of reducing truancy. the kids actually perhaps were alright
on the days it was on, as they tended to come in on the mornings it was on
rather than skive off getting into grange hill stylee scrapes etc. as per
usual. maybe his career was on the skids by this point, but at least he
could be prod of this. Quite touching i thounght.

AMERCIAN CANDY SHOCKER.
scary/starry sarah said about what choccy bar stevie j would be. My
sister, also known to have a sofy spot for young stevie, raced off along
the balcony of shepherds bush empire to accost mr jackson - i believe as
well as telling him how lovely he was, she offered confectionary. which
was accepted......now i'd have to check this before i could get it
certified, but i'm fairly convinved it was peanut M'n'Ms.

BBC SPORTS BACKGROUND MUSIC.

If we have a projector at some future at some future
tigermilking/earconfectionrecordings/whatever events i could entertain the
trops with a reaonable chunk of said background music footage.

After squealing childishly oi realised i had a tape in the vid cued up for
more of the peel evening, so missed the initial chorus but got the rest of
it on tape, so mr Popkins, your wishes may yet come true. Actually
speaking of vids, someone taped the B&s vids of mtv a while back for me,
and i'm sure somebody has the documentary which i am either in (according
to (jakeyjeepster saving a penalty)) or not according to ailsa. (which
made me sda after being very excited). MAybe we could all get together at
someones' place. maybe mine xcept tv is small at the moment.

sadly might not ba able to make the picnic, but if not see you all soon.

much love

jim (purple)