Sinister: 2 Doors, 1 Window, 1 Lawnmower, 1 Pick-up truck, 1 Freezer, 1 Fan . . . . Your bill comes to....

Graeme Hacking GBCH at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 31 13:17:16 BST 1999

A few facts:

1.They do indeed sell beer in MacDees in Holland - its £2 or £1.20 and they
dont say what kinda beer it is.

2.It isnt true that spending 2 weeks outdoors in 100F weather in america
will inevitably result in a sun-tan, as i have just proved!

3.It isnt the case that CDs are cheaper in America (as my teacher informed
us) but are the same price - resulting in me returning with more than half
my money unspent.

4.It is true that South Dakota is boring - nay, very very boring - for
foreigners.

5.According to 26 english people with whom i spent 2 weeks in closest
company with, my taste in music is "awful". The majority of 17 year old
students prefer Vengaboys, Spice Girls, Abba, Will Smith etc. to Mercury
Rev, Pulp, B+S, Supergrass, Spacemen 3, Eels etc. Coulda Guessed!

6.One day in one of the few cities larger than Blackburn is not enough for
$350 to be spent. 40 Minutes in a small shopping mall is not adequate if
large transactions are to be made.

7.The Crazy Horse Monument is more interesting than Mount Rushmore.

8.Americans in general are friendly. They do not seem to see the humour in
making rude remarks about nation monuments, however, and take even less
kindly to photographing gestures such as "Abe Lincoln kissing ass", "Fingers
up Roosevelt's nose" and "Kissing the head and lips of The Creator of Mount
Rushmore". Gawwwwwwwwwwd - you guys need to lighten up!

That was my holiday
We were there to build a Baseball field for someone and ended up sleeping
and eating and breaking expensive machines.
Very sorry America
See you again in a few years?
Guessed not.