Sinister: If you've got cheese, you've got choice.

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Wed Dec 1 07:19:55 GMT 1999

Thank you dairy council of canada b/c I had thought
choice was something of an illusion ever since they
started airing volkwagon ads with hip songs. It all
started with fluffy little clouds... and then i was
stuck in a 5-year lease, i became my car, my car
became me, i lost everything but me and my keys were
the only thing that turned me on.

Hi everyone, i'm sorry, i'm just a little disturbed
these days and commercials and capitalism are only the
tip of it all. I read the new Adbusters mag from cover
to cover last night. Things like this make my head
spin even more than usual - and it's a lot of work to
get it logical when you question logic. Maybe see what
I mean at http://www.adbusters.org - though it's
different in print. I've got my black indelible
marker, have you?

I saw Stereolab on Sunday and I also saw all the
indie-cool kids in Vancouver too. Wow. Stereolab,
amazing show and good and loud too. They played in the
newly refurbished Commodore Ballroom - a wonderful
centrally-located venue w/ good sound and lots of room
and air. Could have done better w/ the paint job, but
whatev. Hey you bands (and I mean one in particular),
the Commodore is a good reason to come to Vancouver!
Oh, and they played b&s before and after the show -
only stuff from tbwtas and only on rotation with 5
other cds, but hell, it sounded so good in a big room.

Speaking of the lovelies, here's something from the
local a&e paper from an article on stereolab:
"Considering that Stereolab helped invent the genre
(ambient-French-futuristic-lounge-pop), it's only
appropriate that Cobra and Phases finds the band eager
to show it won't be outshone by upstarts such as Air
and Belle and Sebastian."
Um, what? What the *hell* is that? Mike Usinger, silly
old arts journalist, yr a wanker and a
know-nothing-know-it-all name dropper. Just thought
I'd share.

And lastly, (yes, lastly b/c i'm trying to understand
what concise really means), I almost melted my brains
this weekend watching 25 minutes of a Spice Girls
"documentary" on Muchmusic (the nation's music
station). At first it was funny to joke about them,
but then our eyes glazed over and we forgot the
simplest things (I believe they were sucked into the
black hole of spice girl logic) until we made a quick
getaway during a little posh spice crying fit (they
all had their noses in pocket mirrors.) But I'm...
okay... now. I now believe sushi really can cure
anything.

Love Robyn
p.s. Wilco - Summerteeth, a must have.

"You could be anywhere, but you're not. You're here."
Sporty Spice, in a more profound on-tour moment

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC