Sinister: there is b&s content...somewhere....

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 1 15:34:55 GMT 1999

hey boys hey girls...and all you sinister beings....

pinch punch first day of the month and all that. i went xmas shopping today
and blimey what a nightmare. i figured that on a wednesday morning all the
kids should be in school, grown ups at work, and the people in between (like
me) would be in bed so the shopping shithole that is oxford town centre
would be empty. was it fuck?! i belatedly realised that this week seems to
be mocks week, so it was full of 15 year old kappa slappers who should of
been doing their practise GCSE's *bless* not hanging round street corners up
to god knows what....i wouldn't like to think.....

<i've just read that paragraph and i don't mean to sound *quite* that
patronising about GCSE's. that was me two years ago. (though i wasn't a
kappa slapper, i was your bona fide indie kid. uggh.) it's just a-levels
seem so much harder now....sorry>

anyway, my shopping didn't go brilliantly...at least not for other people
though i did get my dad 'the good pub guide 2000' which could be rather
infomative....not that i'm an underage drinker ;-) oh no....and i'm not
endorsing it either....a very bad habit to get into....don't want to get
like paula 'booxe explosion' cullen now.....!

 what i did buy was nick drake's 'way to blue' which i'm listening to at the
mo. i've never heard any nick drake before, not even on this advert you're
all chatting about. i have to say i'm tres impressed, i feel all snuggly and
comforted with it washing round me and my 'puter. i like his voice, he
sounds very.... trustworthy. that's not the word i'm looking for but never
mind.

aren't the best nights of your life the ones that are the least expected?
not that last night was the best night of my life...blimey if that's the
case i may as well give up now...but it was certainly unexpected. i was on
my way back from college just after 9 p.m and i was in a very bad mood
because

a) i HATE having to go to a night course just because i got kicked off the
maths a-level at school.... i would have handed some work in
eventually....:-)
b) my course is on a tuesday night, which is when oxford united play their
midweek games. there is a definite conflict of interest here which the
university carrot dangling ahead is winning...for now...
c) the batteries on my walkman ran out while i was surreptitiously trying to
listen to shrewsbury beating us while taking notes on 19th century schools.
bollocks.

so i was walking in the cold with a red nose up to the bus stop when this
guy who could have only been about 17 (my age) asked for some spare change.
he looked absolutely frozen and i felt terrible for having been in a filthy
mood for really trivial reasons. we got chatting and he was telling me all
about himself and he didn't seem angry at his situation, just resigned. i've
got to say, it was one of the best conversations i've ever had, full of
connections and truths, really refreshing. i walked him up to the night
shelter and then got on my bus.

 i'd completely forgotton about the footy until i was halfway home , and
then i did start to wonder why we weren't being greeted by streams of people
coming back as we came up headington hill. it was deserted. so i got off at
the ground only to find out from a policeman that we'd equalised in the last
minute and extra - time (FACup game) was about to kick off. so i wandered up
into the ground and on to the terraces to watch the rest (ahh the romance of
lower division football!) and who was i stood next to? a guy wearing what
looked suspiciously like a b&s badge!!! i was so shocked i couldn't speak. i
kept giving him and his badge furtive glances and trying/not trying to catch
his eye. after a couple of minutes he started giving me odd looks back. he
must have thought i was such a freak, but i wasn't going to speak to him
until i was sure it was a b&s badge. then, as we were craning to see a cross
come over, i sneaked a quick look at his coat and YES!! IT WAS!! and then we
scored and i lost him in the crowds of people going absolutely mental.

so i never got to speak to the mystery guy, but hey if he's reading this can
you mail me simply so i can apologise for freaking you out :-)

.....and that was my very unexpected and unexpectedly cool night. ummm,
sorry for you having to endure all that, i'm easily excitable.... i promise
i'll reclaim my lurker staus again though the posting thrill is beginning to
get addictive ;-)

lots of love

rachel xxx