Sinister: at least that's what we say we are doing

Owen Lowery ol01 at xxx.uk
Fri Dec 3 15:20:19 GMT 1999

hello hello hello

not sure if you'll get this 'cos my mail system has gone tits up again
and I'm having to use a different one. I'm not even the narrow wizard
now...I think it's just my real name but oh well.

just a brief storry about something that happened yesterday.
I was walking round the wonderful Stirling University (thats a joke by
the way) when a CD stall which turns up on campus every thursday
appeared to be calling me. I wandered over and started flicking through
the B section when I came across a bootleg of the paris gig with a
lovely picture of Stu M on the front. Not having a recording of this gig
I bought the CD which was called Seeing Other People for the rather
outrageous sum of 12 pounds. Obviously I put it straight on when I got
back to my wooden hut and was greeted by a rather nice version of the
boy done wrong again. Near the end of the song though a girl I quite
like came round to see if I wanted her to cook for me (silly question
really) and so we were going to go round to hers and then she noticed
that I had a new CD. "Bring it with you." she said. This is when things
started going wrong, very wrong. I hit eject on the CD player and the
drawer opened half way and then got stuck with not a CD in sight. So
instead of spending some time listening to great music while someone
cooked for me I was forced to run to my friends place in order to borrow
a screwdriver and then take apart my worryingly expensive CD player in
order to remove the stuck CD. Well anyway I got it sorted in the end and
the player appears to be working OK but the fact remains that I spent 12
pound on a CD which I dare not play again and had my night ruined
because of said CD.
So, what have we learned from this story?
1) beware of craply made bootleg CDs
2)don't be affraid to take apart a CD player, even an idiot like me can
do it
3)women are not necessarily impressed by a guy who can dismantle a CD
player, she buggered off and left me to it.

take care,
     owen aka the narrow wizard