Sinister: He's a bunged-up forties schoolboy

Sarah Clarke starpiekat at xxx.uk
Sun Dec 5 15:51:21 GMT 1999

Dear Sinister,

I saw the Clientele last night, and not to mince words, they was bobbins. The
singer sounds like a 1940s public schoolboy with a bunged up nose trying to
reach the sky with a painfully embarassing falsetto, but the guitaring was
interesting. Thats the best way I have of describing it. The Clientele are a
group who should be filmed in crackly black and white wearing suits. And I hate
the way that my descriptions of them are meant to sound nasty, but instead
sound quite good. The jury is still recommending that the Clientele are
bobbins, but...grudingly at some point may change this opinion, even though it
doesn't want to.

Am I tying myself up in knots here? The police told me I had to stop that, hur
hur fnnurrr..... it occurs to me I am trying to over intellectualise the matter
of Beat Combos. Never mind, I don't do much these days...

But anyway! The "unique" (bobbins) singing style of the Clientele songstrel got
me thinking as regards my OWN beat combo which will be established one of these
days. I decided that my OWN beat combo needs a unique singing style. You have
the unpronouncable but oh so searing SOUL of Kevin Rowlands, the lisping
softness of Stuart Smirnoff, and the so unique you can't even HEAR it vocal
mannerisms of the lovely H from Steps. Nevertheless, I don't know who will sing
in my band yet. It may be me. I will play guitars very very fast. I supose I
should get a plectrum. Or would that be being a bigsmellyboringmusictosspot? Or
would it just mean I would improve my 'technique'?

I think I should now improve my getting out of this room technique and go and
buy gloves.

Adios Muchachos,
Sarah
xx