Sinister: Papa M Don't Preach

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 6 12:46:41 GMT 1999

Hell-oo-,

Lynn Foulds-Wood here. I must say I'm very tired and that stumbling around
in a stumbly type daze can make many common or garden variety objects a
potential death trap. I've already had to witness one of my colleagues fall
out of a chair. Which is quite some achievement really. And I nearly got
run over by one of those push bicyle devices whilst crossing the road, it
came from nowhere! Well actually it proably came roughly from where I
hadn't looked. Aren't those bells on bikes so threatening when they tinkle
at you? I was really quite tinkled.

This weekend I saw the Field Mice, sort off, for roughly 3 minutes. Which
was a bit ace really, and it was free, and it was appended to a wonderful
collection of acoustically strummed Trembling Blue Stars songs, and it had
3 intros only one of which worked. Trembling Bob was joined by Harvey
Williams, who also seemed to teach forgettful Bob the chords, for an encore
of The Field Mouses "If I Need Someone". I think, if I remember right, as I
was probably over burdened with cheap Turkish beer at the time. Anyway it
was all the Christmas presents I'll ever need Santa, except maybe for some
of those Pokemon thingys that I look so out of place in the playground
without. Actually, that may not be why I look out of place in a playground.

Anyhow, I think I'm going to find the nearest furniture store now and test
a bed or too out and catch a few z's. I hope they don't mind, or I wake up
with an Oasis album as that could be briefly embarrassing. Ho hum... 5 'o'
clock seems a long way away...

Te ra,

Martin

ear confection recordings