Sinister: as if i needed any more bullshit

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 6 13:35:03 GMT 1999

someone was stalking me last night
i was terrified
i still am terrified

  i was in the uni computer cluster where i go to visit the sinister
universe going about my pooter-ish business. i started receiving
rogue pop-up windows like the ones this system gives when you receive
an email. however, these weren't telling me i had mail, someone in
the cluster was sending them with cryptic messages on. the first
couple just said hi, then they started coming saying 'it took so long
to find you' and asking me to open a chat programme so we could talk.
i ignored this, and soon came a message 'you look lost'. someone was
watching me. he/she/it offered to tell me about their day if i was
interested, but the final straw came with 'would you like me to come
over so you can at least tell me to get lost?' the person was
definitely in the room.
  i logged out and ran. immediately afterwards i realised that i
should have stayed to find out who it was, there were enough people
about for me not to be in any danger, and it might just have been
friendly. but if it was someone i knew, why couldn't they just send
me an emai?
i really am scared.

  if anyone who reads this is the culprit and you meant it in a
harmless way, i wasn't amused. please reveal yourself to me.

sorry kids, i just had to tell someone who might understand.
normal service has now been resumed.
stay beautiful,  fiona