Sinister: Hey Napster! Napsteroonie!!

Santa's Little Helper calumn at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 7 01:06:16 GMT 1999

Yellow. How's you lot then?

Having been forced to post by That Damn Parrot (who has taken a shine to my
Mothers leg... more later) I should at least try to make it slightly
relevant, so I'll do that first...

1)

Corby (northants?) wrote:
>i found great mp3s of live belle and sebastian
>including some song in french by isobel,

That sounds like it could be the "Black Sessions", the song would be "Popee
de Cire, Poupee de Son" (sp?)
Also mentioned in the same post was a thing called napster.

You might find this interesting

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,32559,00.html   (I *did* say
Might...)

Link courtesy of NeedToKnow (http://www.ntk.net) and my failing memory

2)

Hey, does anyone else think it's cool that GEORGE HENRY DICKIE was writing
about capitalism, seeing as he uses them exlusively? ;-)

3)

I went to see "El Hombres Tragedados" at the Beat Room recordings Audience:
6 Punters, 3 Staff. shocking.
They were good. LOUD!!, but good. I got talking to the Bassist, who told me
that Isobel sometimes does a DJ spot in the 13th Note (Glasgow) - Does Keith
know his idea's been ripped off already?

4) I have been diligently trying to look after the Poetry Parrot for the
past (t)week, and I had no idea what a noisy chap he is! He seemed very
subdued when Archel came to play, but for the past week he's done nothing
but finish off all my whisky, demand Kebabs at 4:00 am and try to hump my
mother's leg (I think it's her tights he's after) However, in the midst of
all this Rowdy behaviour, he did manage to yell this offering... I managed
to write it down, despite the fact it was at 6:00am and I had work the next
morning. bastard.

		The Myth of the Poetic P.C Male
			Nick Larkin

There's a rip-off of poetry wherever you look,
It's like constantly catching a fucking useless crook,
Some would-be poser with a morality for sale
	- The myth of the poetic p.c male.

It was slapped up in June and managed to inspire
Laughter, incredulity, nausea and ire:
"Making love beats cheap sex - and I'm first with this tale."
	- The pith of the poetic p.c male

The camoflaged sneer, the self-sanctioned leer,
A poster shouting "Ladies, I'm safe but not queer!"
The revelation is girls aren't just legs, tits and bum,
But pairing it with, "by the way, I once made one come"
Shows more than just crassness (see the rythm, form and tone),
It says "Lads" are locked out but Mr Chauvin is still home.
It's not big and it's not clever, slagging other men,
And the effect of your "message" seems a bit beyond your ken:
You're using these barbies for your arty pretensions.
You're exploiting those girls with the unreal dimensions.
Their expressions may be blank but they're less of a threat
Than your public wank, the biggest insult yet
	To the women whom your words all fail
	- God help the Miss of the poetic p.c male

(c) Gerd E. Muller and the no.13 club, so "sorry!" to them

I also think it should be the new B+S album title "The Myth of the poetic
p.c male" - although that may be too sensible :-)

Since the Parrot had developed a taste for my alcohol, I think he should (In
the finest sinister trend) continue... So I'm sending him to Paula Cullen
booze explosion. and I hope he has hops happening (h)in his haiku hair. ha!
(alliteration, anyone?)

Cheers, Chums,
	Cal
"Loose Lipped Controller"