Sinister: A Pint of McGuinness?

ELZober at xxx.com ELZober at xxx.com
Tue Dec 7 01:50:23 GMT 1999

wow.....

i don't know what to say about all the WTO stuff.... not living far from
Seattle myself, and having a ton of friends up there (my friends dad works in
the Key Tower and he was locked inside for four days - no one could get in or
out!), i think it all went a bit awry.... really at the end of the day we
(Americans) should be asking why we're letting foreign dictators - who
weren't even elected and run their countries like madame's run brothels -
tell us how to handle international trade.... at the end of the day, i think
our generation is pretty bored, and we all need something to shout
about......

more importantly - is it true that Martin McGuinness was elected Secratary of
Education?  is that just for the Irish Parliament?  man, on man.....

here's another question - doesn't it seem the least bit absurd that Americans
are commonly under some kind of notion that they Irish-American?  for
starters most of the Irish who moved to America weren't the upstanding
citizens of society people assume they were.... but never mind... trying to
explian that concept to your average American is like trying to get a donkey
to dance..... most people who make such a bold statement to me are more than
bewildered when i ask them how they feel about the Potato Famine, or Bloody
Sunday, or if they speak any Gaelic..... that is usually followed by a
reference on their behalf to U2...... my father was born in Northern Ireland
and until recent years had a tatoo of the Red Fist on his arm..... he still
lives there.... do i think i'm Irish-American?  no..... my Irish friends who
live in Ireland are.... i'm kind of a hy-brid, and as much as i might not
always like being American, it's a handicap i can overcome without stealing
the nationalist identity of someone else's country.... i may be wrong, but
that is my opinion....

to my way of thinking there really is no such thing - seeing as how most
Americans i know think Gerry Adams is a "nice man".... mind you, we actually
voted for Bill Clinton not once but TWICE AND OJ Simpson is innocent......

too much money and not enough common intelligence to strike a match....

anyway.... i would LOVE anyone's thoughts on the so-called Irish-American
crap and also on the McGuinness issue - if it weren't for FOX News, i would
know nothing about foreign politics.... we're too busy covering yet ANOTHER
school shooting - the kid was 13, doesn't know who he shot or why he did it,
he just did..... great, i feel safe....

snoggs
elle