Sinister: i havent slept in years

danielle redden redden at xxx.com
Tue Dec 7 14:01:21 GMT 1999

when i have woken up before
the sun rises
following a night without much sleep
and coffee and cigarettes
are starting to feel like a poisen
building in my blood
my blood
the sounds in my house are unsettling
my roommate
my best friend
coughing all night
her throat still burning from the teargas
her body
covered in bruises
she is just a peaceful person
who cries at belle and sebastian songs too
and her voice is different
because men with guns
took it away from her
she hurts
it was a revolution
and i move through my day
merging in and out of the people
who tell me
these papers are imporatnt
my schedule
my degree
my career
and it is all starting to lose it's meaning
with her coughing
her stories
her wounds
what is
what is
important
and where am i going to
falling
falling
love it scares the shit out of me
it is too fast
even for me
and it's a big fucking ocean
and i can only swim so much until my limbs ache from the pressure
a philly b&s meetup later this week
is likely to bring some
calm
at the very least sweet faces and sweet words
and slow songs
listen
listen
listen
you can put your ear to the ground and hear
what is coming
beneath the feet of the people moving
through their designs
their day
their mazes
beneath the cycles
the pulse
the machines
beneath her coughing
and my dissolution
beneath his sad goodbyes
beneath the airplane
put your ear to the ground
and tell me what you hear deep
deep
deep

love danielle

p.s. for the girl who mentioned baxendale -- hmmm what good fun, check out "american friend"
and laugh.
p.p.s. for those who mentioned the WTO. it is an issuei have been working on and writing about for almost a year now. and yes, we knew what was coming. email me if you want to know more. i will gladly share all i know.

Whaat!!! Have you tried The Doghouse??! Get your FREE WEB-BASED EMAIL account at:
http://doghousemail.lycos.com