Sinister: surprise blew up in my face...

Angel Blackwell angel_blackwell at xxx.com
Fri Dec 10 12:55:48 GMT 1999

Well, I thought that I was having a dismal birthday. My 3 friends and I went
out for a pint at this silly little bar up road from me. They're older than
I and after one beer they got tired and went home. I had to leave as well
for the bar was gearing up for a drag beauty contest. My parents are in
California and they left me a voicemail happy birthday...my old roommate
left me a Marilyn Monroe (I always wanna say Manson now,) birthday greeting.
It was like like the one she did for JFK, I played it on speakerphone for
everyone in my office.
   I got frustrated at my little bald man for not being too keen on inviting
people out to got REALLY celebrate on Saturday night at my favourite little
club. Turns out, SURPRISE!!!, I'm getting a party after all. Now I have to
fake surprise, but I'm an evil little angel so this shouldn't be a problem.
   I saw the suggestion for gangstah indiepop and nearly fell off my chair.
I'm really liking that idea. The little popsters could wear their wooly
little hats down over their eyes and really baggy cords... I wonder what
kinda band names they would have, or would they all be solo acts with one
big collective name?
    I've been at work since 7am and all I've done is read all your emails
(yes, I read every single one...)I'm really excited cus it's Stereolab
tonight with Jim O'Rourke boy...the only silly thing is that the doors for
the concert open at 5:30pm!!! The whole thingy has to be over by
9pm...hmmm...
I'm gonna stop this now.
bye.
angel.