Sinister: a hymn to the postal service...?

Archel1978 at xxx.com Archel1978 at xxx.com
Sat Dec 11 14:33:23 GMT 1999

hello.  we're getting flooded here.  and next weekend i'll be in glasgow
which is also getting flooded, i believe.  it's like the flipping old
testament or something.  where's the SNOW??
*  * *    * *   *   *  * *   * *   * *     *  *   *
 *    *   * *     * *  *   *    * * *
* * *   *   *  *  *  *   * *  *  *   * *  *
* *       *   *       *   * *   *
  *             *    * *
*        *         * *
*

ah... that's better.

WHAT I HAVE GAINED FROM MY LEAFLETING JOB
1) a bruised knuckle from those particularly vicious letterboxes which are
made up of layers of metal, wire brushes and plastic.  some people just don't
deserve post.
2) an introduction to some of the very worst house names in the world.  twee
doesn't even begin to describe it.  i think 'villa lobos' may have topped the
lot, although 'dyke nook' was amusing and i imagine wholly unintentional.
(unless there are in fact some previously unheard of out-and-proud lesbians
living in the sussex village of plumpton green, which i doubt.)
3) a new appreciation of doormats.  there is a plethora of those ones saying
'welcome friends', which i find disconcertingly medieval.  they might as well
add: 'but if we don't know you from adam, or if we know you and don't like
you, you can fuck off'.

COMPLETELY RANDOM INFORMATION
the last few times i have visited my local (ie. still 15 miles away) record
shop i have been inexorably drawn to a single labelled 'glasgow gangster
funk'.  i cannot imagine what this sounds like, but as it only costs 20p i
may well purchase it and put myself out of my misery.

B&S CONTENT (ADMITTEDLY TENUOUS)
i was thinking this morning that the bit in 'century of elvis' about stu and
karn: 'first we got to know each other, and a while after that we met' is the
perfect way to describe most sinister friendships.  and i think that's kind
of cool.

i can't remember the rest of my train (or more properly, several derailed
carriages) of thought.  probably because my head is full of peru sex,
battered teaspoons and haemorrhoids.  sinister is a very strange place to
live sometimes.

luv archel xxx

Rachel Playforth
archel at iname.com