Sinister: Was it just me... (and eating Battered Shoes and Colin and Zoe (The new Damon and Naomi??))

Chris_t_opher GBCH at xxx.uk
Sat Dec 11 22:48:33 GMT 1999

..... or did this make no sense, Tom Green?:

"All the news thats print to fit for 2000: =

Heres what RoTa have planned for next year:

15th Jan Stone Valley and TBC......

[Ive cut a load out, cus i like doing things like that!]

........4th March Ochre Records Showcase
13th March OH"

Now, it all sounds good and i'd like to go and everything, but what/where is
*IT*. Whatever *IT* is.

Email privately, Mr Green, or Honey might shout at me for clogging up those
Sinister Pipes.

Chris_t_opher - Chris_t_opher at yahoo.com

<Waves at everyone he knows>
<Holds up a "HI MUM" sign made out of an unfolded box of Biere d'Alsace>

Oooooohhhhhhhh.....

And the Wunderschon, scruptious Fiona mbbx9ff2 ("duh?" in your own words
Fifi :o)) said:

"also, you know how fish+chip shops make deep-fried mars bars and apparently
now some will deep-fry and batter any foodstuff you care to bring into their
establishment. well, without being gratuitously surreal, do you think you
could take household objects and have them battered? you could gradually
build up a battered room and a battered house, and eventually a battered
empire."

Which made me think. I remember in St Andrews, back in the good ol' days of
1990, you could buy a deep-fried (and battered) pizza of your choice. And
when i was there in the summer, i had a Donner Kebab Pizza, because i didnt
fancy a Haggis Pizza! I also thought about a Laurel + Hardy (weren't they
amazing?) film, where someone ate a battered ...... shoe, i think. I think
it was Stan Laurel, but it was about 10 years ago, so dont hold me to that.
Correct me if you must, but thats the image that i've got in my head now.
Dammit.

Colin:

"So, I really am wondering (from the musicians)- can anybody tell me
(technically speaking) how good Belle and Sebastian and/or Isobel is
musically"

Hmmm. Its not that they're amazing musicians (they can obviously make music
that makes us all want to dance), but its HOW their songs are made. They
know how to make a song sound special by using all the different instruments
and keeping individual things simple enough, so that when they all come
together it shines (I'm waiting for someone to prove me wrong here but *IN
GENERAL*). It's what makes a band classy and stand out from some
clearance-basket effort. And thats the most important thing, right?

I'd guess, with Re: to your question about how good they are live, that
they're just a stripped-down version of the records (?). They can't overdub
live,
and that might be one of the reasons why there so damn many members. This
WILL create a reaction, and seeing as i haven't seen B+S live (or own any
bootlegs), i can't prove it. I'll let someone else do that.

Zoe:

"i've read on the B&S site that they're going to record a john peel
session.does anyone have any idea when is it gonna be broadcasted?"

February, i think they said, although you'd have to do a search for the
article @ www.nme.com with something like "B+S The Tube" to find it.

Chris_t_opher
(Sorry Honeybunch, its *mostly* relevant)

"Well, i was seventeen when i heard the countdown start"