Sinister: we are all sheeplike people

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Mon Dec 13 08:07:14 GMT 1999

We used to hunt polarbears up here. These days we grab trouts as they swim
past us while we stand outside the office smoking fags.

No snow here. Just ray ray ray raining all the time. It's like the
apocalypse is coming. And it is. Why wait for february and John Peel session
of Belle& Sebastian if we all know that the big BANG is going to happen 31th
of december? We are all going to die. The asteroid will crash while I'm
drinking my beer, smirking at people saying "I told you, didn't I? But did
you believe me? Nooooo."

but hey, this is serious stuff: Is it just me or are the people on the
sinister list afraid of mentioning well know bands because they think they
are going to lose their street-credibility up here in the twee-land? And has
anyone heard of those bands Shirley Lee from Spearmint is mentioning in that
third song on "A wee away"- album? See, I can do that egoboosting too. But I
know a whole lot of bands you guys haven't even heard of. Cartoon Tree and
Pool, for example, which I saw last saturday. Pool was shit as always,
Cartoon Tree was so Teenage Fanclub that you just wouldn't believe. But I
also like Counting Crows, even though they've sold quite a few albums. Am I
therefore out of the in-crowd?

@--->--- A rose, love and other stuff that makes you feel funny in your
tummy, Jake le petit.

"Have you ever been close to tragedy