Sinister: The year of the depend adult undergarment

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Wed Dec 15 10:13:07 GMT 1999

hello turkish delight lovers,
I was going to go on and on about political and social
injustice, but instead I will tell you the word of the
day according to Merriam-Webster Inc. (of dictionary
fame). It is: morass -- something that traps,
confuses, or impedes. Good god, now m-w has gotten
into my brain. But my brain pronounced it "more-ass"
b/c my brain is a sick fuck and finds such things
funny. oooh, I blame this all (the swearing, the lame
jokes, etc.) on having just watched Dogma, the new k.
smith movie. hmmm. *somebody's* read too many comic
books... but it did have some good lines. i will have
to let it sink in a bit more, i suppose. Anyway, words
are lovely things no matter what you do to them. In
fact, they are better when you do things to them. But
you certainly won't win at scrabble, oh no. Scrabble
isn't about words, it's about winning and when things
are about winning, they are not about meaning and
feeling words in your mouth. generalizations are
dangerous. lizations cause infections. generals cause
swollen glands and bus accidents.

i wrote a poem on a dog biscuit.

then the poetry cochroach ate it.

maybe i should just change my style.

Oh yes, i've caught up with the times and discovered
Galaxie 500. Soon I will discover other amazing
things, like antibiotics and pocky. Ah, but oh, wow,
what was I doing with myself when galaxie 500 was
around other than not realizing their existence? I was
young, I went to school dances, I listened to a.m.
morning radio. All the right things at the right times
in the right places, hmm. I...don't...know.

oh wait, i'm not this weird at all, you know. Just the
other day i was walking home from work and composing
quite a sane message to you. And then I thought, I
will never remember this, and then i thought, aren't
you're talking to yourself really, and it all went
down hill from there and, hence, this. Funny thing
was, I was actually walking downhill at the time...

All this millennium/willenium/thrillenium talk is
causing small seizures in my elbows. I too plan on
having a few good decades of fun and pleasure and
outrageous notoriety and then (like a smart smart
person on this list has said) I too plan on being dead
for a good bit of the selenium, thanks. Or maybe by
that time I will have grown the massive ego necessary
to have myself frozen for the benefit of future
generations. Ha. Conversation btwn old barely-thawed
me and a future person:
Future person: "So, I'm talking to you via telepathy,
isn't that interesting and different?"
Me: ---
Future person: "Ha ha, you suck."
Me: ---

Our time is now...

I'm walking here! I watched midnight cowboy the other
night. a great film. I am thankful for what I have,
which includes heat and food. Unfortunately, my
landlady is a little nuts (aren't they all? I think
they are) and, also unfortunately, has control of the
heater and keeps it low. Not a good thing for someone
who enjoys walking around in bare feet. Frickin' damn,
i could erase that bit and not have to send my feet in
to the body bits site, but it's all integral to my
greater message... But I don't have a scanner either.
But I guess it's all about getting off one's, er, not
being so lazy and taking the photos and hopping down
to the local printers and scanning body bits while the
pimply kid with questionable computer knowledge smirks
behind his patchy goatee the smug yet insecure smirk
of a computer help person whose help I do not need.
So you can see how i will have to just continue
waiting for the new scanner to arrive at work, just as
i have been waiting for the past 6 months.

So who is going to own 2017? Because I think if we
pooled our money, we could call it The Year of
Sinister and make our mark on history. Oh c'mon, it's
all for sale and you know it. It'll be fun. I was
going to sell my soul to VW, but they said they
already had it. I asked if I could buy it back and
they said how much. I said I'd give them my body for
my soul back. And then we got into a big argument
about minds in vats and someone said descartes and I
ran off and wrote this email.

Then I told you that I loved you. Then I stopped
writing this letter.
Love Robyn (the girl who has concluded that headphones
contribute to temporary insanity. oh but it's good,
it's so so good.)

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC