Sinister: Drinkin' Um Bongo

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Dec 15 14:01:46 GMT 1999

Here's the track listing to Go-Kart Mozart's fantastic new album:

1. Mandrax and minx cats
2. We're selfish and lazy and greedy
3. Sailor boy
4. City synthesis
5. Drinkin' um bongo
6. Mrs back to front and the bull ring thing
7. Hip op
8. Wendy James
9. Plug in city
 10. Depleted soul
11. She tore it up and walked away
12. Today
13. Fluff on the mallow
14. England and Wales
15. Blah blop de blooh
16. Wear your foghat with pride
17. I'm dope

This comes as quite a relief to me. The last time we heard from
Lawrence he was planning to "put the record straight" about Felt, with
the help of Our Alistair. No offence to the old fella, but I was a bit
worried that seriousness, some might say pretentiousness, was making a
comeback in Lawrenceville. I hope track number 12 is a tribute to
Duke's legendary rant about Manda Rin. Thanks to Troussé for alerting
me to this major musical event. Can you get your bunged up forties
schoolboy popstar mate to get Lawrence's autograph for me, preferably
signed in a New Potatoes voice? Thanks.

List crush. Let's have a closer look at those results:

17   8 Starry Sarah
84   1 Sarah Clarke
223   0 Fluffy Sarah
1 456 Kipper Clarke

Hmmm.

David Moore wrote:

Well done to Mr Robertson for adulterating that idiot Moyles' pint.
Shame
he couldn't have pissed in it though, in retribution to what he does
to our
airwaves.

You Britkids always have to reach a bit too far, don't you?

Yesterday I went to the pictures and it was a film and it was
Belgium's World Wobblecam Championships entry and it was called
"Rosetta" and it was dead good.

Was that Tim Hopkins I saw happily clapping along at the front of Paul
McCartney's Cavern Club event?

Sister Disco
looking forward to the MilliVanillium