Sinister: Oh yes, its a mess...but we'll be fine, we'll get by...

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Wed Dec 15 18:47:39 GMT 1999

Are there any other Wannadies fans on the list?  I've been listening to their
US album all week...its truly amazing.  I like it even more because every
song is associated with something else of the past summer, 'cause thats when
I really got into it.  Like playing basketball in the evenings once it cooled
down, or driving to the Ocean on 3 hours of sleep, or driving go-karts, or
waiting outside an all-you-can-eat buffet in Ocean City, totally drunk and
sunburned.  Plus its a fab album in its own rights.  Everything about that
band seems to be getting pushed back as of late, and its making me a bit
frustrated.  I think they're new album is due out in the States shortly after
the New Year, but their website has been down for the past 3 months, so thats
a little hard to verify.  I really, really, really hope they tour soon.  I
hear they live in London now and sleep in the nightbuses in Chingford or
something, so keep an eye out.
All this talk about dead animals isn't doing wonders for my holiday spirit.
I had a cat named Gobo once (named for the lead Fraggle in Fraggle Rock), but
he died two years ago.  We still have his ashes upstairs, 'cause we had him
for 12 years and he was the first pet our family really had.  In the nativity
scene we set up under our tree every year, without fail he would plop himself
down just behind the manger and squeeze his huge head inside the back of it
so that he knocked over half the wise men and the sheperd boys.  We'd set
them back up, but he'd do the exact same thing the next day.  He was funny
like that.
Someone try to tell me that "It's Christmas Time Charlie Brown" is a total
redneck waste of time, and I told him to piss off.  Everything Charles
Schultz has ever done is pure genius, especially the Christmas episode.  I
can't think of a single thing you could change about it.  I really hope he
recovers from his colon cancer surgery (Charles Schultz that is) and doesn't
discontinue the strip on January 1st as he plans to.  Forget about Y2K, that's
 a national calamity.  Well, that and South Park is probably hanging up the
gloves this Spring too.
I locked my keys in my car today, with the ignition running.  Blame it on my
finals I say...they've sapped my brains.

Steve C.

"And the wild regrets and the bloody sweats,
None knew so well as I:
For he who lives more lives than one
More deaths than one must die"

-Oscar Wilde