Sinister: deluxe on the brain

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Wed Dec 15 21:40:04 GMT 1999

I'm not being pretentious in saying that I nearly typed 'Deleuze' in the
subject header. But it was just a slip of the fingers, not of the brain,
with or without without (mouth-)organs.

Steady Mike formed:

>Thought forms in the mouth

I'd appreciate an explanation of this. It's very 1990. Grrreat!

>To this day, I’m haunted by that phrase.  And the
ghost of Arthur Askey.

Me, I'm occasionally provoked by the *revenant* of Arthur Albiston. Despite
being well past his best by 1988, he was still appearing in full-page colour
'posters' in *Match* magazine. He also adorns the mid-80s edition (was there
ever another?) of Jack Rollin's Soccer: The Records.

>*no* Dominique Rocheteau

As somebody once said. That *was* George Best, wasn't it, scoring *that
particular* goal?

Only a few folk in the English-speaking world, by the way (I think I can
practically count them on my thumbs), are fully cognizant that Rocheteau is
a big-style Simon and Garfunkel fan. 'Est-ce que', he fervently demanded of
an interviewer in 1987, 'vous avez ecouté a "Sound of Silence" ou "Mrs
Robinson"?'. Not savoir terribly esoterique, I must admit, but it was the
passion of his advocacy that stuck in the mind, where thought forms.